send garrett, sylvia, or the both of us a love note
We've moved from Davis, CA to Honolulu, HI! Come visit and bring us some Mexican food!

Friday, January 23, 2009

AlooooooHA!

Ah. Hi.

Where are we now huh?

I've now been in Honolulu for about a month. Garrett moved out here last October to secure a job and a home, while I moved to Sacramento with some of my good friends and squatted at their place for about three months. During that time, Garrett found work at some health clubs and I whiled away my time running off to and falling in love with The City, which is definitely on my future places to live (permanently?) list...although there are a few countries separating my time here and there. One day.

Ok but anyway--Hawaii, that is first yes? Although we miss Davis, it was time to get out. And boy did we get out. About as far as you could go from anywhere else yes?

We live in Kalihi by the Likelike Highway, not too far from the airport, and across the street from some damn good local Hawaiian food (Helena's Hawaiian Food to be exact). Interestingly enough, we also live a block from one of the better Mexican restaurants in the area, Mexico Restaurant. I haven't been, but there is a birthday coming up this weekend............. Yummy.

Garrett is a personal trainer at two gyms while I've picked up some part time/on call work at Mix Cafe, a delicious little place downtown that gets quite the lunch rush. It's pretty damn good if you ask me. I'm doing the job search for something a bit more concentrated on my future career path (health education/community outreach/health administration). Cross your fingers for me.

Oh! And my first month here was sort of a whirlwind! We had parents come to visit, then seven friends for a wedding in Kona (the Big Island is pretty incredible, and congrats to Ben and Tarynn Brewer-Slotnick!), one who stuck behind for a week, and a second set of parents showing up...ah with a visit to Moloka'i for x-mas to see my new niece Maia!

Ok so that's us in the last 4 months in a nutshell. To be updated more regularly from now on. The. End.

No comments: